DMV Woes

Sacramento Travel Blog

Well, I got out of my house ok but getting my car registered again proved to be more challenging than I expected.  I figured the DMV would give me a temporary permnit to get it smogged...just didn't think it would be a ONE day permit.  So after paying all the fees, we decided to risk trying to get it smogged even though the car has been stored.  Brett and I found a smog place when we got to the storage unit so we left the car there and headed over to somewhere I had been wanting to take Brett....the Squeeze Inn! Whoo Hoo!  Melanie and I had gone there last year when she was in town - Squeeze with Cheese please! :D  We added bacon and avocado but ended up still splitting one.  Love that place and it was not super crowded for a Friday which shocked me.  We tried to call ahead and but they did not pick up the phone at all. :-(  Sadly, all the pics were on Brett's cell phone so I have to wait til he sends them to me to post! LOL.

After that, we raced back to the smog place and my car had passed.....whoo hoo!  We ran back to DMV again just barely making it and got the full registration on it.  Next was dropping it off at the airport, adding me on the rental car, and then finally making our way to SF.  At this point we realized we would probably not make the embassy in time and we tried to call as Brett realized it might be a holiday for them anyways since it was in Taiwan.  DUH!  Turns out they were open on Saturday..only the first Saturday of the month.  Love it!  We stopped stressing a little and just dealt with traffic and the rain figuring we'd get there when we get there.  We changed our dinner reservations to a little later since we didn't figure we would be there in time which was a smart decision.

Although it was a long stressful day - we made it and got EVERYTHING done we I just need my Visa and we are golden!

photo by: williamsworld