AsiaTaiwanPeitou

My Birthday!

Peitou Travel Blog

Hanging out at home all by myself on my Bday! LOL.  Sadly, I knew Brett had to work but it was ok as I figured he would try to get home early.  We started off devouring my last bakery item which I had no clue what it was. It had looked interesting so I just bought it figuring anything there was probably delicious.  The top part looked sweet but as we broke it apart and nibbled on the bread, the underneath was anything but.  It turned out to be a pizza like bread.  The bread might've had sundried tomatoes or something in it and there was actual chunks of cheese in the center which was hollow.  I finished off the bottom and went for the top part which was indeed a bit sweet.  So it was like a whole meal in one!

The day passed rather slowly and finally it was time for Brett to come home.

Sadly, he had a 5pm conference call he had to take but I was happy he was at least home since we had 7:30 dinner reservations.

Shortly after he got home, the doorbell rang and there was a delivery man there who spoke no English. He had a package but Brett didn't know if it was for us or not.  It was then he realized he had no cell phone and had left it in the car so he sent me downstairs in search of it while he tried to communicate with the delivery guy.  HAHA.  As I arrived back upstairs, the delivery man was gone and I opened the door to hear Brett singing Happy Bday! Turns out, the landlords had a cake delivered for my Bday which was the most kind gesture!  We were both stunned - the cake was heavenly and in fact, we had looked at an identical one the day before while grocery shopping and eating our dumplings.  Brett wondered if we should try it now but with dinner reservations looming just ahead, I suggested we wait and after we saw how much food we were eating for dinner, I am glad we did wait!

Peitou