Beautiful Scenery in the Gorge

Taroko Travel Blog

After our loooong drive from Beitou, we finally arrived at Taroko Gorge.  The scenery was absolutely breathtaking.  We stopped in the visitor center to get English maps and found all kinds of beautifully colored butterflies around the flowers.  Tried several times to get pictures but gee, they just wouldn't sit still. LOL.  I managed to get a couple photos (albeit somewhat blurry) but it's the thought that counts!

We drove through part of the Gorge and figured out what trails and areas we want to hit next time we are out there.  We plan to make it a weekend trip and check out other parts of the East Coast.  Deats has some amazing photos of the coast line further south and that is what i want to see but with the storm rolling in, Brett not really driving well at night, and unsure what we had planned for Sunday, we decided to drive back and check the area out more another time.

I will say I am rather impressed at the driving skills of those tour buses which were navigating the incredibly small roads up through there.  Several spots only one way of traffic could get through the tunnels and they were still getting those giant tour buses through.  More power to them!

metsbwd says:
Can't wait to go back and spend more time...
Posted on: May 09, 2009