My Bday Dinner atop Taipei 101
Taipei Travel Blog› entry 22 of 62 › view all entries
We got reservations for Shinyeh 101 which is on the 85th floor of the Taipei 101 building. I saw the restaurant featured on a show on Taiwan while flying over there and it said the restaurant was synomous with high end Taiwanese cuisine. The food was heavenly! You eat an awful lot but everything was incredible. I am going to try and remember everything we ate
- Cold Appetizer: Giant oyster mushrooms, baby abalone, and fresh squid
- Hot Appetizer: The sliced pork with dipping sauce
- Soup: Shark Fin soup with chicken and tripe
- Seafood: Small lobster with garlic butter and deep fried oysters
- Meat: Filet with garlic
- Rice: The Shinyeh Taiwanese traditional fried rice with vermicelli noodles
They have an excellent Sommelier on staff (thank you Ray!!) who was very helpful and wonderful to talk to. A beautiful selection of wines, some great US choices as well. Sadly, I forget our server's name but she was excellent as well. She brought over lotus seed buns for dessert with a candle on top for my birthday which was incredibly thoughtful and sweet. I am looking forward to going back when James comes out to visit!
All in all, it was an incredible birthday with food that was beyond words. What an amazing night...thank you again honey!