Queenstown Travel Blog

Drove on from Milford Sound to Queenstown. A really great town, lots going on, the busiest town we've been to in a long time. The first day we went up the Gondala which gives great views back over the town and lake, looks amazing with snow capped mountains all around. The next day Lucy and her cousin James arrived so met up with them and went for good curry in the evening. Early night in preparation for skiing the next day.

On Wednesday Lucy, James and I headed up Coronet peak for a days skiing. Was surprised how easily it came back after not going for so long but was grea. Visibility was pretty bad and it was snowing a lot but was cool. On the last run it cleared and the sun even came out which was greta. Then however I managed to fall ( I had already fell quite a bit, sometimes sliding down the mountain on my back), this time it was only a little fall but really painful. My knee really hurt, didn't want to ski down. Staff came to help, thought I was going to have to go down on a skidoo which would have been ok but then found out I would have to come down in a stretcher, really didn't want to do this as I could stand on it and would have been so embarrassed. So, I slid the rest of the way down on my bum with the guy carrying my skis.

When I got to the bottom had it checked and they said I had torn a ligament. Went to Physio today and found that I have torn it and shouldn't really ski as could fall again. Really annoyed as had 3 day pass and only got to go once! Got refund which is good but still, would rather have been on mountain instead of on sofa! Nevermind, first day was great so will just focus on that!

alexandraglennon83 says:
Rubbish! Nevermind...Can just do the apres ski instead :-) lots of love xx
Posted on: Jul 13, 2006