Paradise

Langkawi Travel Blog

Got the boat over to Langkawi (Malaysian island near thai border) in the morning. Pretty fast and rocky. Met some Aussies who were celebrating 'Australia day', believe me a swig of cognac is not what you want at 9am on a rocky boat! Then someone started eating this Chinese fruit called Durian! To me it smells revolting! Was pretty relieved when we arrived!

Got off the boat and got taxi to beach area. Found a nice hostel, pretty chilled and the owner has pet monkeys- random! Went for some luch with these 3 people we had shared taxi with. had this steamboat thing, you have this huge soup in the middle and you cook the things you want in it.

Then we hit the beach, its beautiful, the sea is warm! So hot though that couldn't stay too long.

Today (27th) we grabbed some breakfast and are going to head up this cable car thing in a bit where you can maybe see thailand from the top. For now I have to go try and rescue some postcards that I managed to post without addresses! Only me!

Ok, managed to rescue the postcards so all is well! Went up the cable car. Really amazing views. Afterwards a wuick swim at the beach but not long as some very nice criss cross burn marks on my back- lovely!

Got some dinner with a guy from canada who has been travelling for 2.5 years! Then we went to this bar on the beach which was pretty cool.

Langkawi