Neighbours, everybody needs...

Melbourne Travel Blog

So arrived in Melbourne and if I thought Sydney was cold compared with Thailand I was wrong, its nothing compared with Melbourne which is absolutely freezing! Has been fun though. The first night we arrived we went to an Aussie rules football game, Melbourne versus Geelong, we were backing Melbourne and we won! Was very excited, I think I'm hooked.

The next day we walked around the city, botanical gardens etc... and watched Mission Impossible 3 in the evening- which I enjoyed a lot more than expected.

The next day we hired a car and drove to Ramsay Street (actually called Pin Oak Court). It was smaller than expected but still very recognisable, I think the boys were a little less excited than me, especially when I made then re enact the boys playing cricket in the street. We then drove on to Philip Island where we had fish and chips on the sea front- very blustery. Then we saw Koala conservation centre and then onto Penguin Parade where we saw the smallest Penguins in the world. They come out of the sea after sunset and go up the beach to nest, very cute but very very cold!

Yesterday was a quiet day building up to the finale in the evening when we went to Neighbours night! We met Max, Toadie and Janelle, all very exciting! So now we head on back up the coast tonight hopefully to some warmer weather!

photo by: jendara