Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

We arrived in KL and Nick picked us up. So much traffic, really busy for a sunday. Loads of cars and bikes. We went for some lunch and then went to check in to find a hostel. The hostel costs about 1.50 a night, not bad i'd say! We went to Nick's house for dinner where we tried some chinese new year dishes which was really nice. In the evening we had a look round the city (it's much cooler in the evenings- but still baking). We went to the Lunar bar which is on about the 33rd storey and is the top floor of this building. It had a pool on top and views of the whole city, with the KL tower on one side and the petronas towers on the others- amazing!

23rd- Got up early this morning to try and go up the petronas towers to the sky bridge but unfortunately it was closed. So we grabbed some breakfast (still not convinced about curry for breakfast) and then went up the KL tower instead. Amazing views over the city.

Sam says:
Hi Cat

It's so wierd, you have already done so much and gone so far. Since you guys left I have done absolutely nothing. It's strange to think about the distances you have covered and the time it has taken you. I'll have to send you guys a list of where I'm going in Thailand and Malasia so you can recommend some more places. I'm gonna have to stop reading your updates, they just make me want to jump on a plane and go!

Hope you two are keeping yourselves safe and tell Matt to stay well away from the ladyboys when you get to bangkok. Look after yourselves.

Posted on: Jan 25, 2006
andy says:
Hi Cat
Its Andy here; I';m currently sitting at the computer around Granny and Grandad's house as have just had a meal, glad to hear all things are going well with you. Views sound good but dont think they quite beat the rolling planes of shadingfield. Anyway Granny is going to have a word-->
Glad all's well with you. I had a good friend who lived in Kuala Lumpur for many years. Wish we were with you, but don't envy you the fish or the crocodiles. Speak soon,
Andy And Granny.