Hot Pools

Hanmer Springs Travel Blog

Drove to Hanmer springs this morning. Beautiful drive through snowy mountains. Arrived in Hanmer springs which looks like a little ski resort, so pretty with mountains all around but town on a really flat plateau. Found a hostel with a tv so we could get up for the england match. In the afternoon evening we went to the hot spa pools which was really nice although kind of cold when you got out!

02/07/06

Got up at 3am to watch england game only to find  that they weren't showing it. The boys got up for the highlights at 6am but us girls did the sensible thing and stayed in bed. Hearing the result and what happened i think I made the right choice!

A game of mini golf in the morning was fun, I lost so still haven't found my sport! Then we drove on to Kaikoura, again amazing scenery (everywhere in NZ seems to be) and great weather, arrived and checked into a great cozy hostel. Whale watching tomorrow which I can't wait for!

Purdy says:
Oh l was looking at stopping at Hammer Springs enroute to Christchurch in Dec (we are going the opposite way from you!!) Is it worth it? Are the hot springs cool?

REALLY looking forward to reading about your whale watching trip! Let me know if it gets rough!

Heather