Lake Havasu, AZ to Yuma, AZ

Yuma Travel Blog

We traveled over the “London Bridge”  of Lake Havasu and then took a little walk along its base (lots of little shops to putter in).  The bridge wasn’t as commanding as I envisioned it to be. Quaint.

Lake Havasu is a perfect place to visit if you like birding.  There are many places to look for the various migrating birds.

Dave and I have been surprised at the “Snowbird” migration that is going on right now.  Traveling south on 95 we are seeing motor homes, 5th wheelers, trailers of all shapes and sizes all heading north, quite a steady stream.  The famous  RVcamping place in January, Quartzsite, was very empty at this time of year.

Coming into Yuma we were delighted to see green field after green field of growing veggies and grains. In one field they were harvesting romaine lettuce.  Workers were loading a conveyor with heads of lettuce that were taken up a chute and dropped into large packing crates for shipping.

Chevron Gas @ Yuma   $2.79-----15.32 mpg

RV Park: Villa Alameda RV--5-star--large park really set up for snowbirds, lots of activities, 2 laundry, clean baths

mjhamilton12 says:
Your descriptions are great.....I am there with you!!
MJ