First full rested day

Santiago Travel Blog

So today started out mostly about errands.  We got up and went to the hospital for a 9:00 appointment.  We met with the doctor who is great...and he has a sense of humor.  Hillary's baby showed a 3rd leg in the ultrasound, so we found out it will be a boy today, so that was pretty exciting.  After about 2 hours of errands we came back to and I helped Hillary with some of her American Association treasurer duties-counting large amounts of Chilean money was a new challenge for me.  After doing that we layed by the pool for an hour or so - starting to make some progress on my tan :)  we then got ready and headed out for her International Women Professionals meeting.  Sat through an hour long seminar on the history of Chilean politics, parties, and elections....enough said.  After that we went to her friend Florencia's house for dinner with about 6 of her other girl friends.  It was tons of fun and had a good time trying to keep up with the spanish conversations going on!  Now off to bed for an early day to head to Mendoza tomorrow.

Ok, so after 13 hours of flights I arrived here today around 9 am.  Didn't sleep a wink on the flight :(  After being asked a gazillion times if i needed a taxi and being told that maybe my family forgot about picking me up, I found my sister.  It's gorgeous here today - in the upper 80s.  We took Andi for a walk - cute dog, but has a sort of crazy streak that strikes randomly.  We went and laid by the pool at the club/gym and my sister surprised me with a massage - thank you Hillary!  She helped me explain to them that I did not want my stomach and boobs massaged, so that I didn't run into the surprise that I did last time I was here :)  We're going to have a nice dinner and relax tonight.

Santiago