AsiaChinaKunming

The city is alive again

Kunming Travel Blog

Decoration on pylons all over town.
I was pretty sick most of last week, I dont know whats causing it, Bob gets it too, we seem to be alternating, probably the food, water, hygiene (as in restaurant workers not washing their hands or vegetables properly, not my hygiene!) , I don't really know, but as soon as I got better we met with our new boss, Chris. We went to his house on Saturday night and he made lethal cointreau/ hot chocolate/coffee bevvies that got us so ridiculously drunk. I was a mess and had to spend all of yesterday in bed waiting for the hangover to subside, I was too ill to leave the house so Bob got pizza for me. At some point during the antics I must have fallen over somewhere, I cant remember it at all, but there is proof in that I have a massive bruise forming on my leg.

Chinese new year officially ended yesterday and everything went back back to normal today, the streets are busy with people and the cafes are full again. The weather has really improved and we no longer come home and rush to sit next to the heater. Looking up Wenhua street today with everybody out and about, I have a renewed optimism for this place. I have a trip to Cambodia to plan as well and Bob and I were discussing what to do in our massive 2 month summer holiday, India perhaps?
Decoration on pylons all over town.
This advert really speaks to me.
This advert really speaks to me.
Kunming