Dinner with Jim (blenderboy) & Joy in Milwaukee

Milwaukee Travel Blog

Another trip to the great State of Wisconsin and this time around I’m carrying the right clothing for the weather, well snow and single digit temperatures. I don’t believe I’m getting a little used to the snow and the temperatures below 10 degrees, but it is manageable. This time around I will be having dinner with Jim since the promise I made in January did not mature given the limited time I had (10 hours in total). Jim (www.travbuddy.com/blenderboy) and his wife Joy (www.travbuddy.com/lolita930) cooked dinner for me at their beautiful home at the Loft in Milwaukee. Both are great cooks, the food was absolutely delicious.

Jim is a cook and it seems it has rubbed of real well on his wife, because she made a prize winning dinner - yummy! From Cedarburg, we drove to Milwaukee where Jim and Joy live at the loft.

It was also my first time driving in Wisconsin in winter. The roads were icy and partly snowed in, but the car was suited for the road. I had Agnes with me because she was supposed to be driving, but had a tough time reading the map or remembering the roads we needed to take to get to our destination.

We made it alright with me driving and Agnes telling me which roads and highways to take or exit.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

Dinner at Jim & Joys house