Travelling through General Mitchell in Milwaukee

Milwaukee Travel Blog

I travelled to Milwaukee in 2001 with my daughter to meet my longtime girlfriend Jackie. I flew from Atlanta, Georgia to Chicago O’Hare International airport where Jackie picked us up then, Jackie lives in Cedarburg, so that was quite the drive for her to Chicago. This time around, I flew into General Mitchell International airport from Dallas Fort worth Airport. I left Dallas/Fort Worth airport at 12:10 p.m. CT upon American airline partner American Eagle. It was one of those small planes with one row of seats on the left and a two seat row on the right: I was given a window seat close to the wing and the noise was deafening. Taking off from Dallas I could not help but notice the beautiful view below, with camera in hand I kept snapping pictures through the window as the pilot gained altitude.

I was amazed at how populated Dallas is and the concentration of buildings: from above it seemed every inch of land has been favorably used.

The flight was only two hours and I managed to take a nap while we were at it. Ten minutes to landing I looked outside my window to find the ground covered in white with patches of black which were clearly were roads. As the pilot turned the plane over Lake Michigan in preparation of landing, I could see a large portion of the shore waters were frozen. The amount of snow on the ground was probably 15 or more inches, as we taxied the huge piles of snow along the runway told of a rough time of snow shoveling for many residents.

My next flight leaves in 12 hours and I have to get out of the airport to visit with my oldest girlfriend for a little while.

They have had snow since before Christmas and  it is white outside. Amazing how Mother Nature can be so beautiful and hash at the same time. My girlfriend Jackie was so excited to see me that she wanted to show me so much. She had since moved from her older house on Cedarburg road to Sheboygan Avenue to the home she bought. Along the way she drove through Ozaukee County which is like the Hollywood neighborhood of Mequon dwelling place of the more affluent people, homes built along Lake Michigan and compounds as large as five acres with huge trees lining the drive ways. The snow covered trees brought back the feeling of the White Christmas I experienced back in 2001.  But it also made me realize how much I do not like winter and the cold. Jackie seems to have gotten used to the whole four seasons thing and winter does not bother her one bit. She is a great host too.

PS: “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain

monky says:
Congrats on this recent featured Harriet!:)
Africancrab says:
This was long coming, thank you all for the congrats, much appreciated.
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog! :D
Frozen waters of Lake Michigan