Sarajevo to Mostar across beautiful valleys

Jablan Travel Blog

I was up early to take a taxi to the bus station for my trip to Mostar. Along the way I noticed passing the infamous Holiday Inn Sarajevo. It had been the refuge of many media journalist during the war. It's all nicely painted and renovated now. It's bright and almost stands out like a beacon against the other bland building in the area.

Getting my ticket and finding the row where my bus would pull in was quite easy. Only a few minutes late, it pulls in and the group that has formed, put luggage in the storage area and finds a seat. With in a short time, we are pulling away from the bus station and on our way. The journey out of Sarajevo takes me through areas that I hadn't ventured into. Many neighborhoods of apartment towers but, smaller single family homes as well. The homes were older but, had there own space.

As we traveled west through valleys, the rain turned to sun. There was a beautiful river that we passed that has a dramatic bridge over it an the most beautiful turquoise water flowing below. There were quaint villages with clusters of houses surrounded by the green valley with the protection of mountains behind them.

Jablan