Beautiful Bermuda!

Bermuda Travel Blog

I spent a week on this small (but perfectly formed island) which was a prize my friend won in a raffle at work. After the shambles of having our original flights with Zoom airlines cancelled, we finally arrived with BA into Hamilton.  We were lucky enough to be staying in the company appartment in the centre of Hamilton, so we had a good base for exploring.

The island is only 20 miles long, but does take a fair while to go from end to end as the traffic is so slow...it's a remarkably covered island with nearly every piece of land built with a villa on.  It's all perfectly done with the houses paint jobs all matching in pastel shades - they take incredible care in appearances of their property.  A week long tourist bus pass is the easiest (and cheapest) way to get round - I think it cost about £20 for unlimited travel.

Warwick Bay beach
  All the main toursit spots are worth a visit and a week is plenty enough time to see everything.

The beaches are fantastic - we went in October which was end of season, but we found plenty of beaches with hardly anyone on them.  I personally would stay away from Horseshoe Bay Beach as it's very touristy and not the prettiest beach - for that head further towards Hamilton to beaches like Warwick Bay - absolutely stunning, with the 'pink' sand making the views very special.

Nightlife is quiet - Hamilton has a few pubs that open late - we particularly liked Cafe Cairo as it was fairly laidback but had a vibe of having a good time.  drinking will cost you a bit - we were paying about £5 a beer most places, but you can always get some spirits on the way over and have those before you go out.

All in all a great place to relax for a week - some of the friendliest people you will ever meet and a picture postcard island which will leave you thinking 'I'm glad I came here'!!

Road out to the airport