What's the reason of your visit...

Detroit Travel Blog

I landed a little earlier at Detroit Wayne County Airport and this despite that the flight left Quebec city later than expected (after some awaiting on the tarmac itself due to some mechanical fault). I usually had about a bit more than an hour to make my connection so I tried to rush from my tiny Canadair flight at the other side of the airport to go through the Immigration since I would be staying in the US this time,... a few questions and tricky question and the not so happy guard did stamp my passport and let me in. Hopefully it was easier than I was even expecting since I didn't have a formal return ticket and date but knew that it would not be more than 3 weeks since I have to be back in Quebec for work.

So I waited at the carroussel to collect my bag... my baggage tag was nearly removed so I went to get another and hop passed the screening to be back in checked-in area at Detroit Airport. It is then that I noticed I still had about an hour before my next departure... so I must have arrived really earlier then!?

I walked around the airport and finally just went to crash at my gate and wait, it wasn't so so long anyway and hop, it was boarding time (which I did last). Someone had taken my window seat, so I took the aisle one and we took off. For the first time I was going further West that I had ever been and discovering a new land from the sky. Sadly I missed the snow line as I suddenly turned and the white ground cover had entirely disappeared to give place to a springy green-yellowish vegetation. I also missed the Mississippi River but still admired the 'township' division before my next seater talked a little to me.

It was a nice and short flight of about 2h and we were landing at KC Missouri Airport on a wonderful sunny day. Obviously this was going to be a warmer and more spring feeling environment than Quebec.
Detroit