Job Interview ... detour

Sainte-Adele Travel Blog

Just as we had packed our things for our last day in Ottawa, I received a call about a job I applied in Ste-Adele near Montreal. We exchange a bit over the phone but then didn't hear from them again.

Finally, we were ready to leave (and had to, as we spent quite a few days under the hospitality of my uncle)... so not receiving any answers from them, we took the road north to leave Ottawa. We had just left the city that I receive a call from the employer asking about a date to go for an interview, I answered it would have to be today or it won't be possible and that it was. We turned the car around and drove back toward Montreal, then north on the Laurentides Highway and made it to Ste-Adele ahead for my interview. I quickly changed on the way and finally stepped in. The interview lasted a little bit over an hour, but some questions were tricky for me (the job was for a planning enforcement officer for the summer). Of course, I had a planning background but not yet any specific field experience.

That was it, so we took the road back and would just have to wait then. Maybe I would even have to fly back early to get to that job and try to find a place to live around that town.

So then by the afternoon we had to drive back toward Ottawa and keep going to meet our stop for the night in Sudbury. That would be a long drive...

Sainte-Adele