November 2008 still..

Bohol Travel Blog

2nd & 3rd day : BOHOL

We left the hotel at 5 am, rode a taxi to Pier 4 where the ferries bound for Bohol is located. We bought a ticket for Ocean Jet Ferry, for 500 pesos each and terminal fee of 20 pesos each, we left Cebu at 6 am, it’s a 2 hours ferry ride going to Tagbilaran Port. Arrived at 8 am. Our tour guide is already waiting for us.

Our itinerary:

Breakfast first at City Garden, at Tagbilaran proper, it’s like a coffee house but they serve breakfast, you’ll already feel the ambiance of Bohol because of their decors, and their tarsiers souvenirs... hehe

next was the ride going to chocolate hills, we’ll go there first because it’s the farthest of all the sites, though Bohol is a small town so places to see are not that really far.

butterfly gallery

On our way, our tour guide bought and gave us this local sweets, “alupe” it’s like “suman” but really sweet made up of coconut  wrapped in coconut leaves.

While going to chocolate hills we stopped first at the man made rainforest, planted by students years years ago as a project, we only took pictures at the highway... hehe... good thing there are only few vehicles that passes through that area and they don’t speed up... J

next the tour guide suggested that we check out the butterfly sanctuary, very nice people there. Also I learned a lot, I felt like I was in grade school again and I’m having a fieldtrip... hehe... J

Now after that we headed straight to CHOCOLATE HILLS, nice view! Check out some of our pictures.

famous Chocolate Hills of Bohol

Though when you reach the view deck, you’ll have to climb the stairs, 214 steps, to really see and have a good picture of the place. Really worth it!... Though don’t buy your  “pasalubongs”  there yet, it’s quite expensive.

Next was a stop at the hanging bridge, at the other side of it, there you could find some reasonable prices for  “pasalubongs” (where I bought some to take home...)

Next was lunch at Loboc River at 300 pesos each, it was a cruise! How nice... it’s a buffet lunch on a raft with live performer/singer.  While cruising down Loboc, we stopped first to get involved with the Loboc Choir, they’re a group of people of all ages making music and dancing to the tune of it. I get to do the “tinikling” local dance here in the Philippines... J

At the end of the Loboc river is the Busay Falls

After lunch we headed to the Tarsiers, there we saw for the first a lot of little,tiny,cute,big-eyed brown tarsiers.

at the Hanging Bridge
cute! J I also bought “pasalubongs” there, a tiny tarsier pouch and lots of “star/peanut kisses” (cookies), very much a product of Bohol.

Next was to Baclayon Church, a very old church and you’ll see the ageing in its wall structures. We went to the Church’s museum, entrance of 25 pesos each. No picture taking allowed... hay…

Then to the souvenir shop, there we did our shopping for pasalubongs

Last was the Blood Compact Site, picture taking... J

We would have been able to do more if we we’re faster, because it took us always more than an hour per site... though really worth it. J

Our tour guide dropped us off at our chosen resort, Dumaluan Resort at Panglao Island.

Long River Cruise buffet lunch at Loboc River.. NICE!
There we would be staying for the night. Since my friend also has a relative in Bohol, they invited us for dinner at MiraVilla Seafood Restaurant, a very well known seafood restaurant at Tagbilaran.

Back at the resort, we stayed first at the shore had some drinks before going to bed, the beach, the coastline, was really super worth it, I’ll definitely be back there soon.

We woke up early the next day to have a dip at the ocean, very still, calm water. Had our breakfast beachfront. The crew at the resort was very friendly. I could say that if you would want a true vacation, a rest from all the buzz of the city, to be able to rest your mind, spirit and body, to have personal interaction with nature, I’ll definitely suggest Bohol. Its peaceful, quiet, soothing, calming effect will really recharge you. Definitely.

Our tour guide arrived at 10 am to take us back to the port but before that we stopped first at Bohol Bee Farm, well known for all its organic products. I bought a lot from this one... J

We boarded the Weesam Express at 11 am going back to Cebu, it’s another 2 hours ferry ride... so much for Bohol, it was really really worth it.

at the Hanging Bridge
Long River Cruise buffet lunch at …
Long River Cruise buffet lunch at…
Tinikling! :)