November 2008

Cebu Travel Blog

Magellan's Cross

My first time to travel by plane without anyone from my family or relatives included... J

Me and my friend decided to travel...we booked a roundtrip flight  via Cebu Pacific last November 2008 bound for Cebu.  After booking the flight we decided that since we we’re already in Cebu, why not visit the neighboring island like Bohol. So in short our 4 days travel plan is Manila-Cebu-Bohol-Cebu-Manila.

1st day : CEBU

Come flight date, we met at the NAIA Terminal 3 at around 4 am I think? Our flight is around 5 am. It is a 1 hour plane ride going to Cebu City. We arrive at Cebu past 6 am. We rode a taxi which is supposed to give us a ride to the North terminal/bus station going to Daang Bantayan, since I asked my friend if we could visit my lola first who lives in Kawit, (1 of the provinces in Cebu) a 3-4 hours ride from the city.. (whoa!)

We we’re already in the taxi when we asked “manong” if how much would he charge us if we rent his taxi to take us to Kawit, he charged us PHP 2,500 for that one way.

view of Cebu at Taoist Temple
.. anyway, we we’re for the comfort of the ride so we grab it. At past 10 am we arrived at my Lola’s house, good that they prepared food... after that trip, all we would want to do is eat!!! hehehe J

We visited my cousins house in that area too and since my Lola’s place backyard is the Beach! We opt to swim first before heading back to the city where we will be staying for the night before heading off to Bohol the following day.

Going back to Cebu City we rode a bus, good thing there’s not a lot of passengers so it’s quite comfy too. I just slept and after 3-4 hours we we’re about to get off at Sm Cebu, where my friends uncle will be waiting for us, He arranged our accommodation for that night; we stayed at Dynasty Hotel near Osmena Circle.

3rd & 4th day : CEBU

We arrived in Cebu past 1 pm, we took a taxi to bring us to the city, wewanted to stay at Elegant Circle Inn at Osmena Circle but it’s already full, so we went back to Dynasty Hotel.

docking at Cebu port
we just took a rest then went out again, had our lunch at the nearest fastfood, KFC, we went to Shamrock at Osmena Circle to buy pasalubongs, such as Otap, famous pasalubong from Cebu. Then we hired a taxi to take us to the Taoist Temple, a lot of steps to climb again. at the top you’ll see Cebu city, it’s quite a view.

From there we went to Taboan Market, to buy pasalubongs again, from danggit, daing, to dried mangoes and otaps too. after that we went back to our hotel, rest a while then went out again to visit the church, Sto. Nino Church, I think it’s a Basilica. A few steps you’ll also see Magellan’s Cross.

From there we went to look for a restaurant to have dinner, we saw Baseline, nice food also.

Back to the hotel to get some sleep because the following day is our flight back.

It was a nice trip! Next stop would be Bantayan Island a separate island but still part of Cebu. We’ll be going there this March 2009. J

Magellans Cross