A good day

Stratton Travel Blog

On the lift

Today was such a great day.  I slept in most of the morning.  It was so cozy warm in my room and the snow was blanketing everything outside, it was such a wonderful place to be.  Julie came home around 12:30 to pick me up to take me to the mountain with the kids, so I was dressed and ready to go.  We got to the mountain, and I decided to get something to eat.  Mountain resort food is not cheap, its like the movies, they have you trapped there and you have to eat, so 17.50 later I had a banana, a bottle of water, a side salad, and some mac and cheese.

I got my much needed map and Julie let me go on my own to the Bunny slope.  Sadly, I was panicked at the sight of it.  I finally got the nerve to ride the lift and just do it.

Looking back to the Village
  It was fine, I got to practice my turns and speed control, all without the threat of trees, crossing trails, and the prospect of a cliff of snow I would have to make my way down.  I never had to bargain with God today. It was really windy on the mountain, so it seemed really cold today.

Julie saw me on the lift and so she and Belle met me at the top of the slope.  Belle clocked me, which puts my skiing abilities into focus, a six year old has better form than I do, but she did scream most of the way down.  We packed up the gear and then headed home.  It was a much better day of skiing.

Julie and I went to get some dinner, I had my usual bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich and beer -- it was so good to eat. I also got my giant vat of grade b maple syrup, so I am set for another year.  The rest of the night was just around the house, which has been nice, its always great to spend time with my Godson, and now that he is getting older, it makes me feel older -- but I am happy, because he has a good sense of humor, thank God.

X_Drive says:
I enjoyed the way you talk about skiing. Just one tip, don't do like I tried once, go on both sides of a tree. You know, one ski left and one ski right of the tree. :)
Posted on: Mar 20, 2007