A couple of hours in Fort Lauderdale before flying to Puerto Rico :)

Fort Lauderdale Travel Blog

arriving at night
We arrived to San Juan almost at 6am. If I'm flying to Miami area, I definitely prefer the FLL airport than the crazy busy MIA. Although this time took me longer to clear customs. Just 1 agent was working, but nevermind it was ok. When I was about leaving the Customs area, one of the officers asked me about my final destination and I said: San Juan / Puerto Rico. He laughed and wished me the best in his home town. It was fun, how most of the people talked to me in English here, although they talked to the others in Spanish, lol.

Well, this wasn't the Florida I was expecting. Believe it or not, it was chilly!!! OMG! and I haven't anything long sleeve with me, mmm. No problems, I wouldn't even leave the aiport, so no drama.
Chance & Yadi. He with Peruvian sweater and me with Peruvian hat, lol
I decided to go to a shop and look for my magnet, although I knew I'd be back in a couple of days and for longer. Nevermind, let's go and take a look. While I was there I saw a guy wearing a Peruvian sweater. Is that he? Yes, he was the guy I saw in Lima. I recognized him because of the hat he was wearing, lol!

Don't remember who started to talk, mmm, I guess he asked me if I was coming from Lima. I said yes and said: "and assume you too, since that sweater is Peruvian". We started to laugh and he has been in Cusco for 7 months. It was great meeting him. I was thinking about spending 4 - 5 hours just by myself.  I had to wait until 10:50am for my flight and he had to wait for his until noon, perfect! now we both wouldn't be alone while waiting for our flights. We were chatting about almost everything, starting with Peru, then travels and even serious stuff, haha. That was so fun. I told him about this web and we'll see if he joins it or not, hope he does :)

ok, it was time to leave cold FL and go to the warm Caribbean, yay!!!
arriving at night
Chance & Yadi. He with Peruvian sw…
Chance & Yadi. He with Peruvian s…
arrived ok
arrived ok
night view of FLL
night view of FLL
Fort Lauderdale General Tips & Advice review
Flying cheap to USA - Spirit Airlines
We all now that flying is never cheap, so let's say better "less expensive" I don't know for how long Spirit Airlines are flying, but they opened the … read entire review
Fort Lauderdale General Tips & Advice review
Fort Lauderdale Airport (FLL) - good choice
Usually when you are flying into Miami, you'd arrive to Miami's airport. Recently I realized that I could arrive to Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. … read entire review