The Family Gathering - Lunch

Harrogate Travel Blog

Well as you can imagine the number of people in the house being 9 and all wanting showers it felt a bit like Home Alone before they all set of for there holiday. I thought getting up at 8 would give me enough time and the plan was to set off round half ten. At one point me and Munro made a mad dash at the same time he was infront but oh no had forgotten his towel I ran to get mines but the wee bugger bet me!!!

So I had some brekkie while I waited all I can say is thank god they have a dishwasher!!! We got all our stuff together once everyone was showered and decent and in the cars for 10 past 10 - at least we're on schedule. We took a little detour and tensions were running high about directions. Our destination was Betty's Tea Room. Now there are two in Harrogate and we were told that the main one situated in the centre of town is a tourist attraction. We went to the other one which was on the outskirts at Harlow Carr. (see review for my thoughts)

After a couple of hours at the cafe we headed off on a little drive around Harrogate seeing the where Jenny had been brought up and went to school. The houses are all massive and dead posh its a really nice place to visit. We have been before but I'm sure we we're camping near by. Then we managed to find our Hotel We were staying at the Best Western - Cedar Court Hotel (see review for thoughts). After dumping our luggage us 'kids' went shopping I had some vouchers to spend from x-mas so got some shoes and a bag and Kath got a couple of books. Me and Yvonne were looking for an off-liscence to get a couple of bottles of wine for getting ready later on but couldn't find any so be prepared when going down!!

730 km (454 miles) traveled