Day 6: Killarney, Ireland

Killarney Travel Blog

On our way to Killarney, we drive through the west of Ireland and took in the picturesque scenery.  We spent a few hours at the Cliffs of Moher, which was the most beautiful stop on the trip for me. I was so fortunate to experience weather in the high 60s and lots of sun during my week in Ireland. I guess I'm lucky! When we arrived in Killarney, we took a coach ride through their national park and enjoyed more scenic landscapes and could fully appreciate the beauty of Ireland's land. A few hours were then spent at a local pub enjoying a football match and having a few drinks. Interestingly enough, many of the people I was with didn't know what a car bomb was! And where better to do that but in Ireland. We (my American friend and I) also introduced Yaeger-Bombs to an unknowing group of South Africans. It was certainly an enjoyable time!

The night did not stop there. We headed to our hostel for the evening which was on the outskirts of Killarney. The Randy Leprechaun may be the greatest hostel in the world! The bar attached is also the local hangout spot so we didn't have a long walk to rub elbows with the locals (celebrate the 21st birthday for one), dance, and sip the night away! It was such a fun evening but the morning came a bit too early!

photo by: Paulovic