Beer Tasting, BBQ and Buddies

Colorado Springs Travel Blog

This is Frankcanfly's photo, but I'm lame and didn't take ANY!
Frankcanfly happened to be coming through Colorado Springs and wondered if we might be able to meet up.  "Of course!" was my immediate reaction and we went from there.

The Springs was hosting an Inaugural Summit Brew Fest & BBQ, so in an attempt to be a polite hostess asked Frank if that might be something he'd be into.  His reply "Yes, yes, yes!"  Alright, plans were set, went to the brew fest and sampled some locals like Bristol and Phantom Canyon and some not-so-locals like Sierra Nevada and Alaska.  The most odd probably being the saison with peppers and cilantro by Trinity Brew Co (local) and the one to my vote: Durango's Amber.

We then ventured east to my favorite bar: Shuga's had a couple of carafes of mojito and had to call it a night when Janice got woosie.  As Janice was "86% of the fun" we left right after Frank got a picture to commemorate his trip to the Springs at the Independent's "Place to see and be seen".

Frank texted before he left saying that we were great hosts (my sister has that affect on people) and that he had to pick up a case of Alaskan Amber before going back to Baltimore :)  Not bad for someone who claimed a preference for hefes ;)
frankcanfly says:
Yeah; 86% was quite an exaggeration! hahaha. Good Beers + Genuine Fun Friendly people = Good Times in C Springs... Thanks #2!
Posted on: May 20, 2009
homeres says:
oh i dont care ; D , lol
Posted on: May 18, 2009
poorogies says:
I won't tell her you said that ;)
Posted on: May 18, 2009
This is Frankcanflys photo, but I…
This is Frankcanfly's photo, but …