Arcades and Hookahs

Manitou Springs Travel Blog

John's winning this race ;)
This evening WalterC came out from Philly for a visit.  I first came across Walter's profile when looking through some Detroit photos.  Walter has an affinity for baseball and has endeavored to take on a not so small feat of seeing every baseball stadium in the US.  While in wait for a game here in the Springs, Walter agreed to meet us (a small posse of 3-John, me and Janice) at the penny arcade in Manitou.

By the time we had gotten there Walter was ready to go looking with us for a snack.  We tried the Matte Factor, but it was packed and not conducive to a proper TB meet-up.  We decided to try The Nile Cafe and were pleasantly surprised.  Not only did the menu boast some tasty looking dishes and drinks but a single or a shared hookah.  Deciding to stick to the snack plan we tried the Mediteranean treats of pita crisps & various dipping sauces.
At the Nile Cafe
  The older gent working offered to take our pictures with the hookah apparatus to make it look like we were there for everything the restaurant had to offer :)

After the hookah and hummus we walked a few steps back to the arcade to play some games and look for some photographic opportunities.  I learned that Walter prefers the pinball games with the dialed numbers (as opposed to the digis) and loves a good Atari game in the wee hours of the morning.  We found the perfect game for him...a baseball/pinball/dialed game...vintage 1920s maybe???  I don't think I could've planned a better fit!!  Well we stayed till lights out and meandered a bit but the shops were all closed so we called a night.  Walter will be heading up the road to catch a Sky Sox game (CS minor league)--fingers crossed and then on up to Denver for the Rockies.  Good luck, Walter and may the weather be on your side!!
WalterC says:
Unfortunately, I was not able to catch the Sky Sox. Game was sold out, and no way to buy online.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2009
Lord_Mike says:
Looks like you all had a super time!!!
Posted on: Jul 03, 2009
Johns winning this race ;)
John's winning this race ;)
Hookah & Hummus menu
A Staged Hookah
A Staged Hookah
Watching Bust-A-Move
Watching Bust-A-Move
Come on Walter...you know you wan…
"Come on Walter...you know you wa…
Determination
Poppin Caps
Poppin' Caps
Manitou Springs Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Manitou's First Hookah
Located just a half block away from the Penny Arcade, The Nile Cafe offers a variety of Mediterranean treats like tazaziki and baba ganoush. When… read entire review
Manitou Springs