Our very last day in Tibet!

Tibet Tong La Travel Blog

Our very last day in Tibet.

We are a little sad to leave this beautiful county with so much nice people. The only things I will definitely NOT miss are the Tibetan toilet facilities and the Tibetan food. At breakfast this morning an Australian group shares some of their cheese with us. It was delicious!!

Our last stop is on the Tong-La (5.120m). The views are just superb: a last glance at Mont Everest and Cho Oyu with prayer flags waving in the wind. This is truly a stunning place!

The last town in Tibet, just before the border with Nepal, is Zhangmu. Because of the elevation of only 2.300m it’s a totally other world: it looks almost subtropical with lush trees and a humid feel to it (especially when comparing to the dry climate of Tibet). Zhangmu is a busy town with roads filled with trucks, busses and travelers on foot, this makes traveling through it difficult. It takes some time before we are at the bridge, the border between Tibet and Nepal. Here we say goodbye to our companions for the last 2 weeks, Dorje en Pardo, hoist our backpacks on and walk over the bridge to Nepal.

lorenzmartins says:
fav blog.. tibet is one of my dream destination.. this pics and blog make me love it more and more..
Posted on: Mar 21, 2009
aelder2259 says:
Your pictures are beautiful!I love the shot with the prayer bells.
Posted on: Mar 19, 2009
Tong La
me, Dorje en Pardo in front of ou…
me, Dorje en Pardo in front of 'o…
Tibet Tong La