return from Paradise

Wondo Travel Blog

Sung Hyeon and I
We arrived in Wondo at sunset. There was a beautiful sky ahead of us which meant there may be a whole day without a drop of rain, but I wasn't getting my hopes up for it. It had been raining every single day of my one month vacation and I saw no reason it would stop here. We were very fortunateand had good weather throughout the last leg of the ride. I was ready to be back to my life I had created in Suwon. It was going to be a long drive back. We docked at Wondo and grabbed our bikes and hit the road. We stopped at one of the first gas stations we saw and filled up. Sung Hyeon changed his clothes, while I double checked the bike's straps. He needed an oil change and I needed a new chain, or at least a qualified mechanic to check it's condition. We didn't find any mechanics on the roads in Wondo.
We just kept on easy ridin'. I lead the way because he asked since I had the bigger bike.

We rode up the road. The bugs were out in full force this evening. Once I had to stop to clean the lenses of my goggles. We rode along the road for quite a while in the dark. We rode through Gwangju on Friday night and stopped just on the North side of town to grab some necessities for dinner. Sung Hyeon had a burner and some tuna, but he needed extra rameen. I picked up a kimbap and some chips for us. We left from there and began to look for a place to sleep. We both had the same idea, "Anywhere that has an open space will do." I made the first suggestion. It was a park. I saw the brown sign (brown signs mean touristy type thing) and the word park. we found the joint a bit further down off of the main road. When we got there the lady tried to make up pay to park, Sung Hyeon asked her about camping and it wasn't gonna happen there. He suggested to eat there. Then I counter-suggested we continues to ride and eat and camp at the same place. We saw another sign for a park and tried to find this one next. We found no park. Rather, I saw the largest cemetary I have seen thus far in Korea. We quickly agreed we would not camp here.

We ended up in some small town somewhere between Gwangju and Jeonju. We saw a small school or church, not real sure
bigbudd1 says:
Did you get yourself a new camera yet?
Posted on: Jan 28, 2010