back to the grind

Suwon Travel Blog

my place after vaca
...Well I say the grind, but haha. It's the life I know now. No real grind. First day back, they canceled my early conversation class and all of my classes were cut by about 10 minutes so that we could all leave by 2pm so we could go hiking together...as if I needed to go hiking again.

This time it was an easy hike though, just to the top of the mountain and back down. No real view from the top of the mountain so I didn't take any pics up there except a couple of the fellow teachers and the principal. The PE teacher was able to keep up with me the entire time and he helped me with some of my Korean vocabulary and likewise with his English. Once we got back down, it was about 6p and dinner was ready. We some boiled chicken and then a spicy chicken stew, and of course kimchi and the regular side dishes, including beer, soju and Makgeolli (one that may deserve it's own blog one day)(it's the oldest traditional rice wine in Korea).

Some of the guys and myself played a game that was new to me. Can't remember the name for the life of me, but it is a version of volleyball except you use a soccerball and your feet. While we were playing this, some of the guys were busy grilling 삼겹살 (samgyeopsal) which is basically like bacon, except way better. So we were able to enjoy some of this after the game. I think this was like round 4 of the food. Not to mention the massive flow of booze that is always goin down at the work parties.

K, so back to life here in good ole Youngtong, Suwon, Korea. Not a bad place to be. I am missing the beach down south. But I think it will keep it's magic since I can only visit it every so often. Pretty soon here I'll be back. It is a funny thing at the beach. It's like the Koreans are not quite sure what to do with it.
None of them had on any bathing suits. There were no eateries along the shore. No restaurants that were conveniently located along the beach. You even had to walk all the way across the street to reload on the beer. Not to mention the UNBELIEVABLE DOUCHENESS portrayed by the guys on the jet skis. It was an all time low point for douchebags across the globe. I'm talking, buttcrack speedos with a tight fit sponsored Marlboro shirt, sitting on the jetski backwards riding about 15 feet from the shore. I was scared to go in the water cause these idiots were trying to show off so close to shore....Anyway, so I have a 3day work week this week. Then I'm taking another mini sabbatical with my friend Shin to Daejeon...
some of the pepes I work with