Ruby Lake

Madeira Park Travel Blog

Today I made my way up to Ruby Lake again, this time with my camera.  But I guess I only took pictures when we went to the rope swing so you'll have to take my word on the rest of the lake.

The beach area is just down the road from the Ruby Lake Resort which I hear is really nice.  The restaurant there was just voted the best Italian food on the entire west coast or something like that.  Anyways, the beach part is a nice artificially sandy spot that catches the sun all day long but there are plenty of spots in the shade.

The only bad part about it is the parking area.  It's usually full by noon and then the double and triple parking starts and people start parking on the side of the road which is about five minutes away from the Earls Cove ferry terminal.

But once you park and walk down the trail to the beach you'll forget about it until you leave.  A lot of people that are staying at the resort just walk.

If you're feeling a little more adventurous, or you just want to jump the cliffs or try the rope swing, there's a trail on the right side of the beach that leads down to more private or thrilling areas.  It's not a trail that gets used too much, so theres trees laying across it, bushes growing over it, and one part in particular where you life will flash before your eyes as you round the last bit of the cliffs.  It's actually pretty scenic I guess, from the lake edge to the top of the cliffs and back to the water.

Madeira Park