0354. The afterclimax (Mor 185--new)

Ouaouizarht Travel Blog

Even though I’m running against a deadline, I still want to cram in one more town, so I can really say that I’ve finished exploring the Beni Mellal Atlas region.  So I get on a van that takes me even farther from home—to Ouaouizarht.

From the map it looks like it’s on the lake so I figure I’ll be able to take a clip right on the shores of the reservoir, but it’s actually a ways away from the lake.

It’s a typical, rather poor town.  The scenery around is nice—but a bit of an afterclimax after my last couple of locations.  A good place to unwind a bit, wander around and say goodbye to the Beni Mellal Atlas region.  This region is officially parkbenched.

I climb up a little wooded ridge and played a little set for couple of kids...
My time is up.  I hop on a taxi and take the winding road up the high mountain pass, and then down the steep mountainside below with a view of the vast plains that I left a few days ago.  I get off in Beni Mellal and hop on another bus for a very hot ride to Casablanca.

It’s been an amazing couple of days—soaking in some of the highlights of Morocco’s natural beauty...

End of Episode 10