More Thai Days

Bangkok Travel Blog

Sun 1 February 2009

I had been developing a cold the last couple days and I was very stuffed up and wanted a rest day. However, it was still the weekend, so I had to put it to good use.  My aunts, uncle, Mom and I headed to Pottery Village. This seemed to be an area that locals went to buy Thai snacks, meals and merchandise. Again, all the shops were situated along a narrow walkway, which homes directly behind them. I passed by all the trinkets and spent more time looking at the different types of food.  My aunts purchased their week’s supply of fruit. At one point a pig just walked through the area and mom suggested that it may be wild. It reminded me of the zoo, where in a couple areas, they kept together one tiger, one dog and one pig with a sign marked “one happy family.” Very, very strange to me.

Later that day, we had to go to a funeral. Apparently it was out in the country. I visited the gravesite of my mom’s late mom, dad and sister. We relaxed along the “Chinese People River” and waited for the services. However, mom and I didn’t engage in the services, since my aunts were afraid Mom would fall walking up to the casket. So we waited more along the river, listening to Thai music, roosters and dogs in the background.

Mon 2 Feb 2009

Sick day: Stayed in and rested, caught up on blogs and other online stuff

Tues 3 Feb 2009