Super Bowl party

Grand Forks Travel Blog

getting ready for the 3D commercial

I got together with some friends from school to watch the Super Bowl (an American tradition of sorts).  Many people watch the championship football game for the commercials.  Generally the funniest commercials are first aired during the Super Bowl and you don’t want to be caught the next day at work or school having missed the commercial that everyone is talking about.

The afternoon started off with a mean game of Monopoly.  I lost.  I think it was the first time I’ve actually lost all my money and properties and everything.  I was kind of sad.  And then I realized I would be the first one to eat the appetizers so that made me feel better.  We even had to break out another set of Monopoly money because the bank ran out of money (just like in the real world I guess…).  The game ended right before the Super Bowl started.

I had to get to school to check on my experiments but I stayed until the first commercial of halftime.  The party hosts had secured some 3D glasses so we could watch the hyped up commercial in 3D.  It was sort of cool.  The commercials weren’t the best this year – seems everyone was feeling the economic downturn.  I was able to watch the commercials I missed online after the game.  Maybe they would have been funnier watching them with other people, but I wasn’t very impressed this year.  And sadly, my favorite sporting season has come to an end…

my 3D glasses