I Love London

London Travel Blog

Lily Allen - LDN music video. be happy!

I have to admit, for a while I had a slight case of complacency, living here my whole life I'd become content and 'used to' London, thinking there was nothing special or remotely interesting about this expansive city.

Realisation hit a couple months ago, when I was out with friends clubbing and afterwards we took a taxi back through central london, crossing tower bridge I gazed out of the window and at that moment I was astounded I'd never seen London in this way, I'd never looked at London from this perspective before, London really is a beautiful city that I had maybe taken for granted for a while.

But I can see now that living in this city really is a blessing, people travel far and wide just to see a red telephone box, or Buckingham Palace, the Kensington Gardens or Big Ben, things I see all the time but didn't appreciate. I now know better :)

London is my home and I'm proud of it.

daina-e says:
i love London tooo! :)
Posted on: Jan 11, 2016
mdfehmel says:
I feel the same way about the U.S. I travel internationally for a living and forget about all there is to see in my own backyard. I'll be in London for the first time next month and can't wait. Been through there about 100 times transiting through Heathrow, but never stayed. Also been to Stratford, Cambridge and Dover. Nice piece above. Cheers - Matt
Posted on: Aug 14, 2013
bigmac993 says:
Congrats on your featured blog! Good blog!
Posted on: Jul 11, 2013
Lily Allen - LDN music video. …
London