Welcome to the Jungle Baby!

Vohimana Travel Blog

We had a crazy night. Our bungalow was build just above the railway. We knew trains were passing by at night. But the experience, to be waking up with a heartthrilling bouncing and penetrating lights, is unique. If we did understood it correctly, every two hours a train was passing. I noticed just twice. And than, the morning. So peacefull! What a contrast! The fog gaining height, while escaping from the hills. Marveluous. We went to the gathering building, to get some breakfast. It was the best we had by far, so far. Our guide was taking us to the reforestation stations. Interesting to see. Maybe it is not enough, comparing to the massive destructions elsewhere on the island. But is that a reason to do nothing. Maybe I will contact them today or tomorrow, if I can do something from my lazy chair in The Netherlands.

Who knows?

Anyhow, we made a bigger hike. Again into a forest. This time, you could hardly tell it was a path we were walking/climbing on. We heard Indri's not that far away. We had seen Indri's enough, so we went on. After a real survival tour, we get to the cascade where we took a rest. Our guide found a snake and a frog. So, about wildlife it might not be rewarding, but we had a great time. When we got back, there was again a little misunderstanding about payments. Well, we paid again extra and swah. Let's not spoil our mood. We got a final lunch and packed our stuff. Walking back to the RN2. After some 45 minutes we reached it and Ny was already waiting for us. Now, he showed us the bill for MATE. I was confused, why did not show it before. Hell with that. Take us to the hotel and let's get over with.

Vohimana