Antsirabe Travel Blog

At the end of the day, we checked in by Hotel Hassina. We would like to check the city itself, but rainclouds did disturb this. Around dinertime the weather was a little bit better. We came out of the hotel and we were assaulted by some pousse-poussers. No thanks, we just like to walk, maybe later. We walked to restaurant Arche, just around the corner. Starting with Malagassy 'gris' wine (almost similar to rose) I burned my tongue by tasting the sauce, what already stood on the table. There goes the wine.

Sabine had poulet en citron and I ordered romazava. A typical Malagassy stove dish. But how to eat it? A little bit dropping over the rice wasn't a succes, so I put the rice into the 'soup'. Probably, this is not the right way to eat it, but what the hell. It tasted good anyway. During the diner, there was an electricity fall out, but the girl that served us quickly putted on some candles. After that, we returned with the pousse-pousse. Some weird experience. But hey, it is some kind of work. It is better than begging. The streets, 2 hours before filled with movement, were died out and dark. Almost nobody and it was half past 8!? Back in the hotel we played a little game, Colonists of Catan (dice-version) and after that getting some sleep.

photo by: chaosprism