A dodgy start to the morning..

Daintree Travel Blog

Well the lasagne obviously didn't agree with me last night, got up various times throughout the night feeling like I wanted to throw up. Got up about 6 (god knows how!) and actually felt a bit better.

We were left to our own devices today and we all did the morning feeds together so that Jess could get used to them. We topped up all the seeds and waters and had a general tidy up which took us nicely to lunch time. I really wanted to do the night feed as I wasn't going to have many opportunities to do them.

Went for a good long swim even did some more exercise when I finished! Not sure where I got my energy from. This was shortly cancelled out by a huge fat hamburger for lunch with a cocktail stick through the middle to hold it all together. Could not move after that so went back to the house and sorted out things and even started to decide on what to send back home as with travelling you collect so much stuff on route, be it ticket stubs or anything just to remind you of where you have been.

Did the night feeds with James at 4.30 and it was really good as I liked feeding the owls and he liked to feed the lizards with all the chicks. Went back to the house to do more tidying and when we went over to dinner, Donna was running behind so I checked my emails and got told about 2 parcels I had received, one from home and also one from my best friend Michelle so could not wait to get to Brisbane to see what they had sent me.

Listened to some music before heading to bed at 10.

Daintree