The countdown goes on......

Aylesbury Travel Blog

Well it's 49 days now..... yes I know counting down the days does make it go slower but I can't help it! It dawned on me middle of this week that it is next month....yes NEXT month that I am going away! It definitely has not hit me that I will be jetting off to the other side of the world with nothing but a rucksack and my passport....so exciting though!! :)

It still seems like I have so much to do, decided to renew my passport this week as it is due to run out in 2011 (yes that is a long time away but bearing in mind I have to be back in the country 6 months before it runs out, thought it would be best!).

Went on a bit of a shopping spree this week and bought a few of the old essential stuff like sleeping bag, fly repellent and stuff so I've nearly bought all of the stuff I need now! I've just seen a pair of shoes that I really really want - do I or don't I?!! lol

Been told of 2 places I can go and stay when I get to Cairns so that is exciting, one of which is a zoo and the other is round the corner from a Rodeo ranch so my horse dreams just may come true!! I can learn to be a cow girl at last!

On another note, it has been snowing on and off for the last week which don't get me wrong is very pretty and everything but I have been house bound for a few days now so am looking forward to the hot weather and getting the bikinis out once and for all! We moan cos we don't have snow and now we've got it we are sick of it! People are never happy! :)

OK I think I've rambled on enough for this little entry! :)

Aylesbury