It's been emotional Bali...literally! :o)

Lovina Travel Blog

 › entry 30 of 54 › view all entries

Was up at 6, was told to be ready for 7 but I always like to not rush and make sure that I can do all my OCD checks before I leave anywhere especially when I am on my own. Koko turned up at gone 7 (he promised that he'd be there for 7 and after all he drank I told him he wouldn't but he was adamant that he would - how I love to be right! :-> )

The guy driving had a beaten up old van, obviously I couldn't complain as he was getting me to the airport at this time. It didn't have AC so had to have the windows open which when driving through the towns had to close as I kept getting mouthfuls of dust! Fell asleep a couple of times but as we went down a pot hole I woke up so didn't really get much sleep. Got stuck in a jam so was starting to panic that I wouldn't get there in time. Was worrying for nothing as always as when I got there at 10.30 couldn't check in till gone 12 anyway! Went to the little shop and bought some postcards and some biscuits - they went down really well as I hadn't had breakfast.

Went straight to the boarding gate after getting checked in as we were so late. Got on the plane and sat next to a guy from India. We chatted for ages and exchanged details as he was staying in Singapore for a couple of days, Was even trying to get me a place to stay. Kind of wish I had taken him up on the offer as the place I had originally looked up was fully booked but didn't realise that until I had got there. Set back off to the MRT and went to a place called Little India. I'd heard people say a lot about it. Even looked up a hostel called Footprints Hostel and when I got there saw a girl walking down the street as for love nor money could not find it. She'd only just arrived as well and had another plce that she was staying so ended up going with her. Managed to get the same room as Julian. She was german but spoke very good English. Went off for dinner in the place next to the hostel and had a fab sweet and sour sauce. Ended up going for a walk around the town and bought some lovely bangles. Got an extremely nice ice cream for dessert and then walked back to the hostel for a well deserved shower. Checked my emails and despite being exhausted went to bed at 12.30 as managed to catch up with a few people back at home. Some people turned up half way through the night and thankfully no one went on the bunk above me, they were all so chatty at some stupid hour and had no worries about turning the light on! Managed to get to sleep in the end. :)

Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: JP-NED