Preparing to leave for Cairns

Daintree Travel Blog

Woke up at 6.30 and for some reason today decided to have a shower before starting the jobs. Jess and I did our jobs and left her to do the washing up of the feed bowls while I headed over to do some raking by the round cages. Gill and Donna walked past and as we hadn't really been given specific tasks for today I thought they might have been annoyed that we weren't doing the norm, but they actually said that it looked nice so it was nice to know that I could do things off my own back and for them to actually notice. It started to rain just before the break so got absolutely soaked while doing the raking but it was actually quite refreshing.

We washed up after the tea break and then went off to our jobs so I seemed to be the raking queen today and did some raking over by the dingos and the emus and was quite impressed when I finished. It was my last evening so finished at 12.30 so I could do the night feeds. Went and did lots of swimming before heading over for lunch which was corn on the cobs today which were a big favourite of mine. We had a power cut just after lunch so couldn't check emails so ended up going back to the house and having a sleep all the way through till 3.45. Checked with the other 2 about the night feeds and it looked like I was doing them on my own. Typical as the chicks looked rather rank today. Didn't even get attacked by the swan today so they were obviously being nice to me with it being my last evening!

Had a bit of a clear out with my stuff ready for tomorrow and went over for dinner which was spag bol tonight. The last time we had it I barely ate any so made a conscious effort to eat what was given to me. And the best bit was the jelly and ice cream for dessert! Checked my emails etc after dinner and then ended up watching a bit of TV with Gill and Donna and even watched a bit of the Bill as well. Forgot they got English channels over here. Went back to the house and tidied up and did some more packing. Spoke to Jay briefly who had said that he'd booked me into the same hostel as him. Went to bed about 11.00.

photo by: tropiksun