Night 4 of Kuta

Kuta Travel Blog

Well this was to be my last full day here in Kuta as I'd pre booked some alternative accomodation for the last 4 nights to get a change of scenery. Really wanted to go down to the pool to relax for my last day but ended up sorting out my bag ready for somewhere new tomorrow - just had to decide where.

After chatting to the Swiss guy, Oliver he too was wanting to get out of Kuta. Kuta is a nice place for a few nights but to stay there long term it's not got a nice feel to it. It felt like going out for a night out back in the UK although there were hookers walking down the street and Oliver did actually say he saw someone get bottled in the face it definitely felt like a good time to move on. It was getting a bit too much like being back at home.

We decided to try and find somewhere to go and he knew someone who lived near to Kuta and he decided to go and have a chat with him about finding a new place to go and offered me to go with him. He was a kite surfer but today there was not enough wind for it to be flown down at the beach. I've never met someone that's interested in kites and they actually had shops down in Kuta with some amazing kites. Things I wouldn't even dream of wanting to fly ad they looked very delicate.

Talked to his friend Handra for quite a while and after getting quite a numb a*se decided to head back, although my sense of direction wasn't great and ended up going back the long way. Got back and did a bit of swimming as was determined to try and stay exercised. Went back to the room where I got showered and went back down to use the net for a bit. Oliver showed up and he let me know that we were going to get a tour round the island so that was quite good....little did I know how my judgement of a person would change!

photo by: eddie8498