First day in Bali.....proper relaxation at last!

Kuta Travel Blog

It was so nice to wake up and not have anyone getting up before me or having to wait for the shower so I could do what I liked as and when I wanted. I woke up at a fairly decent time so that I could go down for some breakfast. Then the day was mine so I decided to sit by the pool and soak up the sun for a day as it had been non stop moving around for the last few weeks.

The hotel had a lovely pool which had sunloungers round and it was just so nice to soak up the sunshine. Did need to work on my tan after all, 3 weeks of sunshine and I didn't have a lot to show for it.

I decided to go for a walk later on in the day to see what Kuta had to offer. It was very much a surfers place and there were lots of little side walks which lead down to the beach. I managed to break my watch somehow on my trip and found a little stall and the guy said he would fix it for me and told me to come back later on in the evening. I even found a little tourist office where I saw a horse riding place advertised so had a think as he gave me all the info about the place and the times so I thought I would go back later to arrange when I went to pick up the watch.

I went back later when I went to get the watch and also booked the horse riding. Was really looking forward to it. Found a nice little bar where I had a bite to eat and also had an extremely nice bowl of ice cream! I was right by the walk way so was able to watch the world go by as I was eating my dinner.

The evening was followed by an early night chilling out in my room.

Kuta