A Day in Singapore with a trip to the zoo before flying to Oz :)

Singapore Travel Blog

Woke up at 8.45 so actually beat my alarm which was not unusual for me. We wanted to be up fairly early as we were heading to the zoo after breakfast. Got showered and was getting ready in the dark as no one was up yet. We headed downstairs for the free breakfast that was included but it wasn't up to much so we ended up going to the same place as last night and ended up having what they called a full English which consisted of 2 fried eggs, a couple of bits of bacon, cold beans, coleslaw and watermelon. Loved watermelon so that went very quickly. Had a nice glass of orange juice as well. Went back to the room to sort out my stuff, was very conscious of what was being left in my suitcase and what I took with me so I ended up leaving my laptop and passport in Julian's locker.

The Ben and Jerry's cow.
Took all of my stuff downstairs and Julian and the other 2 girls from our dorm (who in truth were slightly strange!) and changed to a mixed dorm where another guy was fast asleep.

Set off for the zoo but ended up having to wait for my little friend I'd met on the plane who ended up getting the taxi to the wrong station so ended up meeting him at the station before having to catch the bus. We got a bit frustrated about waiting and got the train, he was on the train directly after us a couple of minutes later. Got straight to the zoo on the bus, and ended up getting more food which was a really nice slice of pizza. Julian already went in and thankfully waited for us to come through.

Went round in some logical order thanks to Julian's map reading skills.

Got loads of pictures, went slightly mad to be fair. To every picture Julian took, I must have taken about 4 more! Ended up leaving about 3.30 as we were feeling quite tired after walking around for ages. Julian went to a road which was supposed to be quite famous, have no idea what it was called. I went straight back to the hostel, after walking around for a bit to find it. Ended up parting company with my other friend (I really am terrible with names!). Julian left me with the keys to her locker and also the room so I could go back and get showered. As I finished Julian turned up so we went off to have some dinner at the Prince of Wales bar. Julian managed to pick up a nice guy on the way back and ended up joining us for dinner also. Weirdest dinner experience, had spaghetti carbonara in a take away tub with a plastic knife and fork.
It took forever to eat. Julian walked with me to the station just after 6.30 and said goodbye to Julian. Was quite sad to see her go as she was one of the nicest people I'd travelled with so far.

Ended up seeing some travellers when I arrived at the airport. Ended up chatting as they were on the same flight as me. There were 2 girls and a guy called Jay. Instantly got on with Jay and found it really easy to talk to him after such a short time. Went to the shop to buy some new iPod earphones as mine were knackered. Went to the boarding gate and spent ages trying to get logged on to the internet which was free but it was such a polava that by the time I got on to it we started to board the plane. Typical!!

Went to my allocated seat but had already told Jay that if we could we'd try and switch seats.

Was told by the flight attendants that we couldn't move until the plane had taken off. As soon as we were able to I went off to the loo and when I had got back Jay was at my seat saying that he'd got a seat next to him. I'd been happily chatting to the people next to me and as soon as Jay went up they thought it was something they said! Managed to have a little sleep after chatting to Jay for what seemed like ages! Because my head kept dropping when I was trying to sleep - you know when you have nothing to lean on you end up just head nodding for ages, apparently Jay had said I could lean on his shoulder to make it more comfortable - had no idea he'd said this. We got to Darwin at 4 in the morning and we were all so shattered. Saw the other 2 girls who seemed a bit miffed that I'd only just met Jay but got on with him a bit better so they ended up going off on their own. Ended up seeing Jo at the aiport from the beginning of the trip and we barely had 2 words to say to each other. Got on the next flight an hour later, tried getting money out but couldn't so the curse of Halifax struck again. Ended up sleeping through the whole of the flight and even missed breakfast and we arrived in Cairns at 8.30.

kimpigott says:
It was written recently but it's from 2009. I will be writing again about my trip I am doing in July. I actually can't wait to write properly as I wasn't really in writing frame of mind while I was away last time! :)
Daive says:
oops...or was this written in 2009? my bad
Daive says:
Love your photos! Love animals :) ... yay, you're writing again! :)
The Ben and Jerrys cow.
The Ben and Jerry's cow.
Bad hair day??!
Bad hair day??!
The ponies here had some funky do…
The ponies here had some funky do…
Some massive fruit bats!