Day 2 in Koh Tao

Koh Tao Travel Blog

Well the morning consisted of a lovely breakfast where we met the guys who organised the snorkelling trip. We managed to hire all of the equipment we needed from one of the local guys. It was quite a long walk up and down hills and we ended up in a little cove where we could sit and relax and do a bit of snorkelling.

My first attempt at snorkelling and I ended up falling ar*e over t*t! Typical me! After a brief spell of snorkelling, we found some deckchairs where we could all sit and chill out and dry off. It looked like a storm was on it's way so we were told about a little restaurant where we could go and get some lunch. It was up some stairs and we sat on this little covered terrace where we could see out over the beach. One of the things I loved about Thailand was the seats they had - they were triangle cushions and you could lay down on them.

I've just had to look them up and have only found them on Amazon! Not sure the price comparison will have to check that next time I go! :) So we sat and chilled out, played some card games and I won one of the games which I was quite chuffed at seeing as it was the first time I'd played.

We walked back after a nice chilled afternoon and it started to rain so caught up on things and also spoke to a girl called Rachel who I met through this website as it happens. We decided to meet for a night out on the other side of the other island. After a couple of days of staying on our side of the island which was considerably quieter - the prospect of going somewhere a bit livlier was quite exciting and daunting at the same time! Managed to get Liat to come with me for a change of scenery.

I thought it was going to be a quiet evening of just a few drinks in a new area with some new people especially as Rachel and her friends were suffering from a hangover from the night before. After a bit of chatting and drinking we all started to liven up a bit and even got on to the Samsung bucket - which is Samsung whiskey, a small bottle of red bull and coke! It really is a lethal combination! It comes in a what can only be described as a small sandcastle bucket. So from the bucket it all went a bit downhill from there. Rachel and her friend Simon decided to stay out longer and Liat decided to go home after having one Chang and then falling asleep next to a speaker. Didn't think that was possible!

Spent the evening dancing for what seemed like ages. Even ended up having a dip in the sea and was introduced to the thing called a s**t stream which is a passage down to the sea from the hotels and hostels that is exactly what it says on the tin! Decided to go and wash myself down after getting a bit close to comfort with one of them. We moved on to a bar called Moov but as I was feeling quite drunk thought it time to call it a day and go home. Got a taxi home and ended up staying up chatting one of the guys and finally crawled in about 5! Not great when you have to be up for 8.30!!

Kathmandu1 says:
It will be 4 weeks trip and move ahead to Cambodia and Vietnam. Date not fixed yet. I will post you later.
kimpigott says:
How long you going for your next trip? Mine starts in July and plan to see as much as possible! We'll defnitely have to stay in touch and our paths may cross :)
Kathmandu1 says:
oh it was 15 years back when Koh Tao was just open for tourist to snorklings and divings. But I have stayed most of time in Kho Phangan. I'm planning to be there by next couple of months. you may let me know your next trip.
Koh Tao