Hue Travel Blog

This will be a short entry, as there is not much to do in Hue when the rain is coming down in thick sheets. Our first day was thankfully dry, so we managed to get to the walled the city in the morning and wander around there for the rest of the day. The walled city is really atmospheric and beautiful, and although some bits of it are ruins, there are other bits that have the original artwork on the walls and thrones so you can see what it would have been like in it's hay day. We saw the group of eccentric Austrailians again in the Hoi An, looking for subjects to paint (of which there was no shortage.) One of my favourite bits of Hoi An was ironically this really cute kitten that we saw, one of the only animals I have felt like I pick up (some of them look a bit mangy)  Both Kat and I had a play with it and it was very affectionate. We saw two other, older cats making there way over the temple roofs towards us and were slightly concerned we were going to be surrounded (a la Catwoman in the early 90s original) and made our way out.

After that the rain set in and we couldn't really do anything else, it was too grey to enjoy a cruise on the perfume river, and too wet to make our way to temples. We did however watch a really good chick flick in our room called Definately Maybe. I cried bucket loads.

photo by: Paulovic