Day 3

Lahaina Travel Blog

Day 3: Well, I slept in a bit this morniing, because I woke up twice during the night. Once, due to a sprinkle-turned fountain outside the window, and once when the fire alarm decided to go crazy in the middle of the night. I chilled out and booked a snorkeling tour for tomorrow, and helped Suzanne clean up a bit to get ready for a birthday bbq we're having tonight.

Brian and I went into Paia and Kihea today, and I bought some souvenirs to take back to people. Then we walked around the town a bit, and went into a few stores. While we were driving around, I was amazed by how much sugar cane there is! It was everywhere! Brain also showed me the plant where they process it. We went to the store to buy some stuff for the bbq, and hen I took a nap when we got back (all this sun is tiring me out!) Now I'm just sitting out on the porch, in the sun, typing this, and waiting for everyone to arrive for the bbq. I got an awesome picture of a rainbow that was right outside; I'll post it afte I download the pics from my camera, probably tomorrow. Tomorrow is a snorkeling tour to the lava flows, caves, and dolphin and turtle habitats, and Tuesday is the road to hana. I'll keep you updated.

UnexpectedTwist says:
I'm so jealous - I wish I was there!!
Posted on: Mar 18, 2007