Gambling, for cheap!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

After laying out in the pool all day sipping on some rum and soaking up the dry desert sun, we decided to get ready, go out to eat, and hit up the gambling scene on the Strip.  Apparently, it was College Night over at Goldie's (Aladdin), and we decided it would be fun to go.  So we stumbled our way back into our rooms, showered and dressed, and made it just in time for the Manager's Complimentary Drink Competition, a little game we came up with to see who could get the most free drinks from the bartenders.  Occuring nightly from 5:30pm to 7:30pm, the managers serve "complimentary cocktails" (read: it'll gitcha DRUNK!) to all hotel patrons.  Wahoo!  I love this hotel.

We took a complimentary shuttle to the strip, and before you know it, we're in this place called O'Shea's, an irish-themed casino and bar that touted dollar beers quite brightly outside.  And of course, being ones to never pass up a good deal, we piled in with dollar bills flying towards the bartender.  I managed to keep winning small hands at penny slots (max bet every time, boys!) and making enough to get a few beers.  God, I love Vegas.
joelennon says:
Great blog, was a good read! :)
Posted on: May 08, 2007