Camping at home

Santee Travel Blog

Well, the motorhome mutinied but I was damned determined to make it up to my boys. We were so pissed off at the whole situation that we decided to just leave everything where it was for the night last night. But in order to get the motorhome fixed I knew we were going to have to unpack both the motorhome and the trailer. We had loaded the trailer with a bunch of firewood for a bonfire out in the desert. As I was stacking it back up I decided that we would still have a nice bonfire. So I set up my homemade firepit, stacked up some wood and told the boys we would still have a campfire. At least I got some relief as I saw their eyes light up. Later in the evening we had a nice fire, cooked hot dogs and roasted some marshmallows (sp). We invited some of the neighbors and had a nice evening.  The boys are suppose to be with their mother for the second half of spring break (the lucky little monsters get 2 weeks) but she has asked if they could stay with me on Tuesday and Thursday so she can go to a class. I am going to try to surprise them with a day trip of riding the go cart and motorcycle.
tvillingmarit says:
Nice to see that you and your sons had a nice evening. Take care
Posted on: Aug 04, 2007
WaltJake says:
good for you, making the best of a bad situation!
Posted on: Apr 10, 2007