Universal Islands of Adventure - the name says everything: adventure!!!

Orlando Travel Blog

the adventure just begings
It was Tuesday and we use to say here that Tuesday 13th is a bad luck day, like Friday 13th in the USA. But I don't believe in this kind of stuff and another reason not to believe on that was that we had another awesome day. Well, how couldn't we have it, if we were having fun in Orlando??? haha

We left the hotel with all our stuff. We did the check out and left our bags with the tour operator, who would bring them back when he'd pick us up from the last team park of this trip: Universal Islands of Adventure! This one would be more about roller coasters and high speed adventures, how cool!!!

We started at the "Port of Entry", where you could find a bazaar of merchants, traders from around the world. Then we went to the "Marvel Super Hero Island".
:P
This looked like a city where the superheroes (men & women) clash in the never ending battle between good and evil. Same way you had the Disney's Characters parade in Magic Kingdom, here we saw a parade from Superheroes, lol.

And the adventure began with: "The Incredible Hulk Coaster". OMG! It was so big and looked intimidating. It would be my 1st time in such a big roller coaste and couldn't deny I was a bit nervous. Not worry, since it was safe, but anxious because of the new experience. But isn't it what life is about??? It was still early, but there was already a line. Actually, there were 2. We took the shorter one and I was amazed not even 5 min later it was our turn. At that time I realized why this line was shorter: This one was for the front seats!!! What?!?!?! I was about dying and my friend was laughing to dead.
This was his plan...

Well, it was quite an experience. I screamed so much that my poor friend almost got deaf, haha. I was surprised my stomach was ok, although we had breakfast just before leaving the hotel... He asked me, how I was doing and I answered I was ok and I enjoyed the ride. So, he just said: "Let's do it, again!!!" I couldn't say no and before realizing we were doing the line again, but this time we would sit in the middle seats. That was the deal ;)

Second stop was "Doctor Doom's Fearfall". We did the line, which wasn't long since it was a weekday and waited for our turn. Wow! it was a free fall from 200m high! It started going up slowly. So I got a great view of the park first, then all Orlando area and surroundings, very nice! Once we were at the top, we stopped for a while and then PLUFFFFF!!!! Going down!!! I couldn't feel anything, haha.
Dr. Doom's Fear Fall
Going up again and once more time going down, haha. It was so much fun!!! I'd have done that again, but the line was long, plus the surprise factor made a big difference ;)
There were another attractions we visited, but these 2 were the ones I remember the most right now, sorry...

It was time for something quiter, before keep on with the roller coaster and high speed plays. We went to the "Toon Lagoon" to see characters such as Woody Woodpecker and a show of dancing Olive and Beetle Bailey, funny, haha. I even took a ride at the "Dudley Do-right's Ripsaw Falls". I got almost completely wet, but it didn't last long. Just after some minutes walking under the sun, my shirt was dry again ;)

After leaving the Toon Lagoon we went to the Jurassic Park Discovery Center to see some dinosaurs and learn a bit about them.
at the Lost Continent
Also we took the Discovery trail. It was interesting to learn about them, but it was fun. This is the right way to teach something, I think. But not everything was about learning, we also took the Jurassic Park River adventure, haha.

Now we weren't going to another land or country, we were going to another continent: "The Lost Continent". It was sort of "Lord of the Rings" type, of course the movie didn't exist at that time, but the books were there. This place was about wizards, dragons and ancient gods.

Maybe the biggest attraction here, and the one we visited first was: "Dueling Dragons". Why did they call it: Duelling Dragons? I was wondering about that, mmm. Well, before doing the line, we had to choose which dragon we'd like to drive. There were 2: Red (Fire) & Blue (Ice).
Poseidon's Ruins
We were the Fire one, haha. You start the ride which is about a fight between Fire & Ice. And at some point you almost crash with the other dragon, wow! That was a experience, haha! They recommend you to take a 2nd ride but with the other dragon, so you'd break their spell over the kingdom. Well, follow the instructions of the experts, lol!

Other attraction we visited was: "Poseidon's Fury". It was about the escape from the Lost City. This was an amazing show of lights and water, which represented the battle between Zeus & Poseidon for control of Atlantis. It was very nice!

Next stop was: "Seuss Landing" It was more for kids and I didn't know Dr. Seuss stories very much. They aren't popular here, maybe just the Grinch and because of the movie... nevermind we walked around but couldn't stay for long. We had limited time that day.

yadilitta says:
yes it is!!!
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009
Koralifix says:
It's a pity I can't go there right now ... I love roller coasters so much ... But thanks to your writing I can imagine the awesome feeling ... Seems to be an absolutely fun place!
Posted on: Feb 01, 2009