Heaven? Quite possibly the closest thing to it..

Cliffs of Moher Travel Blog

What better a way to break the Western-American style driving habits then on a narrow road thru the Irish countryside en route to the Cliffs of Moher. This was by far, #1 on my list of places to see during my stay in Ireland. My was it certainly worth the trip. A couple of hours drive from Adare torwards the West Coast in the County of Clare you will find some of the most breathtaking views of the Atlantic Coast.

On a clear day, one can see the Aran Islands not too far from the coast. The colors, smell and cold breeze made standing on the edge of the cliffs truly a heavenly experience. I couldn't help but say a prayer at the very moment of solitude I experienced in this place, because as I see it-the Cliffs of Moher have to be a gift from God.

The views were spectacular and the cliffs were headed by O'Briens Tower on the highest edge of the pass. All that surrounds the cliffs are vast amounts of green countryside with stones marking the fence lines, cattle wandering about and some amazing seabirds flying thru the blue sky. Even at 200+meters high the salted foam from the water would make its way up in flight to the look out landing like soft pillows along the path.

After a warm cup of coffee and a zillion photos were taken we drove just another short 20 minutes to the small town of Doolin and grabbed lunch at Fitzpatrick's on the corner leading into town. Galway Bay and the sites from this area were remarkable. This is definitely a day trip that should be tacked, hammered or down right cemented to your Ireland itinerary!

free08 says: